TORONTO, April 18, 2019 – SOL Global Investments Corp. (“SOL Global” or the “Company“) (CSE: SOL) (OTCQB: SOLCF) (Frankfurt: 9SB) is pleased to announce that it has completed multiple tranches of a non-brokered private placement financing of common shares of its subsidiary, Heavenly Rx Ltd. (“Heavenly Rx“), for aggregate gross proceeds of $12,586,250 (the “Offering“). An aggregate of 125,862,500 common shares in the capital of Heavenly Rx (“Heavenly Shares“) was issued and sold at a price of $0.10 per Heavenly Share. As a result of this financing, SOL Global now holds 34.40% of the issued and outstanding Heavenly Shares with the subscribers from the Offering collectively holding the remaining 65.60%. The Heavenly Shares were sold to accredited investors pursuant to applicable securities regulations and are subject to an indefinite hold period.
The proceeds from the Offering are intended to be used by Heavenly Rx to acquire significant or controlling ownership interests in various industry-leading assets in the hemp/CBD and THC-free cannabinoid wellness space, with a focus on hemp cultivation, processing and the manufacturing of a diverse range of traditional CBD products including oils, tinctures, balms, and vape-ready products. Heavenly Rx will also own and operate its own retail locations along with health & wellness related studios where it will generate a repetitive captive audience with a desire for Heavenly Rx’s products to be part of its customers’ daily routine. It is expected that Heavenly Rx’s portfolio will include several proprietary brands across numerous consumer product group verticals such as cosmetics and beauty products, bath and body products, and infused foods.
Certain senior officers of the Company and of Heavenly Rx participated in the Offering, subscribing for a total of 1,500,000 Heavenly Shares for an aggregate amount of $150,000. Participation of such insiders in the Offering constituted a “related party transaction” as defined under Multilateral Instrument 61-101 – Protection of Minority Security Holders in Special Transactions (“MI 61-101“), but is exempt from the formal valuation and minority shareholder approval requirements of MI 61-101, as neither the fair market value of the securities issued to the insiders nor the consideration paid by the insiders exceeded 25% of the Company’s market capitalization.
Furthermore, certain current and former family members of SOL’s Chief Investment Officer independently participated directly and indirectly in the Offering for aggregate gross proceeds of $550,000. Such participation in the Offering did not constitute a “related party transaction” within the meaning of MI 61-101.
About SOL Global Investments Corp.
SOL Global is an international investment company with a focus on, but not limited to, cannabis and cannabis-related companies in legal U.S. states, the hemp and CBD marketplaces and the emerging European cannabis and hemp marketplaces. Its strategic investments and partnerships across cultivation, distribution, and retail complement the company’s R&D program with the University of Miami. It is this comprehensive approach that is positioning SOL Global as a future frontrunner in the United States’ medical cannabis industry.
Source SOL Global Investments Corp.
SOL Global Investments Corp. (CSE: SOL) 6 Month Chart
SOL Global Investments Corp. Technical Analysis Signal
The Cannabis Investor is a leading media outlet for Cannabis investment opportunities and breaking industry news. TCI is focused on uncovering paradigm-shifting marijuana stocks and reporting on the evolving cannabis value chain.
Join our text message list:
USA: Text potstocks to 313131 to join
CDN: Text potstocks to 393939 to join
Join our email list here: https://www.thecannabisinvestor.ca/newsletter-sign-up/
Follow The Cannabis Investor on Social Media