Canopy Growth Leads Pot Stocks in New TSX30 List Highlighting the 30 Top-Performing Canadian Stocks
The Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) released the first-ever edition of its new TSX30 list which tracks the top 30 performing Canadian stocks over the past three years. The list ranks companies in order based on the stock’s three-year return. Leading the charge and coming in at the number one spot was Canopy Growth (TSX: WEED) (NYSE: CGC). Canopy’s three-year return was more than double the number two company on the list.
In addition to Canopy, three other Canadian marijuana stocks made the list with all of them cracking the top ten. Included on the new list was Village Farms (TSX: VFF) (NASDAQ: VFF), Aphria (TSX: APHA) (NYSE: APHA) and rounding out the top ten Neptune Wellness (TSX: NEPT) (NASDAQ: NEPT).
“We are extremely proud to present the TSX30, a new recognition program featuring some of the most compelling success stories among our listed issuers, including companies operating in traditional areas of strength like natural resources and also in newly defined sectors like clean tech and cannabis,” stated TMX Group President of Capital Formation Loui Anastasopoulos.
The TMX Group created the TSX30 as a way to recognize the Canadian exchange’s top-performing companies. The list is very similar to what TMX has been doing for the last 15 years for TSX Venture listed stocks with the Venture50.
“We created the program to recognize the 30 top-performing companies that may otherwise fly under the radar to the average retail investor,” said TMX spokeswoman Catherine Kee in an email to BNN Bloomberg.
Below is the full TSX30 list including each company’s three-year return:
- Canopy Growth (TSX: WEED) (NYSE: CGC) | 3-Year Return: + 1,823%
- Shopify (TSX: SHOP) (NYSE: SHOP) | 3-Year Return: + 883%
- Village Farms (TSX: VFF) (NASDAQ: VFF) | 3-Year Return: + 868%
- Kirkland Lake Gold (TSX: KL) (NYSE: KL) | 3-Year Return: + 605%
- Trilogy Metals (TSX: TMQ) (NYSE: TMQ) | 3-Year Return: + 503%
- Aphria (TSX: APHA) (NYSE: APHA) | 3-Year Return: + 479%
- Air Canada (TSX: AC) (OTCQX: ACDVF) | 3-Year Return: + 346%
- Neptune Wellness (TSX: NEPT) (NASDAQ: NEPT) | 3-Year Return: + 322%
- Ivanhoe Mines (TSX: IVN) (OTCQX: IVPAF) | 3-Year Return: + 312%
- North American Construction Group (TSX: NOA) (NYSE: NOA) | 3-Year Return: + 304%
- Labrador Iron Ore Royalty (TSX: LIF) | 3-Year Return: + 282%
- Ballard Power Systems (TSX: BLDP) (NASDAQ: BLDP) | 3-Year Return: + 232%
- Pollard Banknote Limited (TSX: PBL) | 3-Year Return: + 210%
- goeasy Ltd. (TSX: GSY) | 3-Year Return: + 209%
- Anglo Pacific Group (TSX: APY) (LSE: APF) | 3-Year Return: + 185%
- North American Palladium (TSX: PDL) (OTC: PALDF) | 3-Year Return: +183%
- Gran Colombia Gold (TSX: GCM) (OTCQX: TPRFF) | 3-Year Return: + 178%
- Resverlogix Corp (TSX: RVX) | 3-Year Return: + 174%
- Wesdome Gold Mines (TSX: WDO) | 3-Year Return: + 172%
- Cargojet Inc. (TSX: CJT) | 3-Year Return: + 166%
- Theratechnologies (TSX: TH) | 3-Year Return: + 161%
- Summit Industrial Income REIT (TSX: SMU) | 3-Year Return: + 160%
- Constellation Software (TSX: CSU) | 3-Year Return: + 158%
- Tucows (TSX: TC) (NASDAQ: TCX) | 3-Year Return: + 152%
- Great Canadian Gaming (TSX: GC) | 3-Year Return: +147%
- CAE Inc. (TSX: CAE) (NYSE: CAE) | 3-Year Return: +136%
- Park Lawn Corporation (TSX: PLC) | 3-Year Return: +131%
- TerraVest Industries (TSX: TVK) | 3-Year Return: +131%
- BRP Inc. (TSX: DOO) (NASDAQ: DOOO) | 3-Year Return: +131%
- Boyd Group Income Fund (TSX: BYD.UN) | 3-Year Return: +126%
The Most Anticipated Cannabis IPO of 2019 Has Finally Arrived
Move Over Curaleaf, There’s a New MSO in Town and it’s Set to Hit The Street This September
Get the full details here so you don’t miss out on the next potential 10 bagger.
Join the Discussion in the TCI Investor Group
*Get Your Copy of The Ultimate Cannabis Investing Guide*
Featured ArticlesCannabis Stock NewsCannabis Industry ArticlesTechnical Analysis ArticlesWatch Cannabis Stock Videos